The District of Columbia Housing Finance Agency (the “Agency” or “DCHFA”) requests proposals for the procurement of Cleaning Services for the Agency’s Headquarters, located at 815 Florida Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20001. The information and instructions set forth below are designed to solicit responses that will demonstrate your company’s capability to satisfy the Agency’s requirements. Each company is requested to submit its most competitive offer.
The deadline for submission of proposals is Friday, August 18, 2017 at 4:00 p.m. (ET). Five (5) copies of the proposal must be received at 815 Florida Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20001 on or before the deadline.
QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS RFP
Companies may submit questions related to this RFP in writing or by e-mail no later than noon on Friday, August 11, 2017 (ET). All questions shall be sent to Keami Estep, Procurement Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. No oral proposals or oral modifications of proposals will be considered.
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS:
1. What is the total square feet of building and garage?
|Basement (5,650 Gross SF)
||VCT (Lounge, Corridor & Storage)
|VCT (Outside Storage (Dungeon))
|1st Floor (10,800 Gross SF)
||VCT (Auditorium (With Platform + Storage))
|Carpet (Mail room)
|VCT (Pantry & Corridors, Coat room, storage)
|Carpet (Single Family)
|2nd Floor (6,190 Gross SF)
|3rd Floor (7,160 Gross SF)
2. Will any work be required at night or weekends?
Cleaning services shall be performed after normal business hours beginning no earlier than 6:00pm; final schedule to be approved by Agency.
3. Is the trash and recycle handled separately?
Cleaning vendor is responsible for emptying the trash and recycle nightly, the cost is absorbed by the agency.
4. Is the building available at night for some of the monthly heavy work? (We are concerned about the smells, which may affect daily workers.)
The cleaning services shall be performed after 6:00pm nightly.
5. Can (3) three nights per month for heavy work be reserved?
The building will be available for night work performed before 11:30pm.
6. How many offices and common spaces are there? Can we receive a list or a floor plan?
3rd Floor = 20 Offices, 3 reception desk areas
2nd Floor = 18 Offices, 1 Board Room
1st Floor = 7 Offices, 2 reception desk areas, 1 mail room, lobby, auditorium
Basement = breakroom, breakroom bathrooms with showers
See attached floor plans
7. Can you please confirm that twice a year, you would like cleaned all perimeter exterior windows from the third floor to the basement (including skylights), and all interior glass, to include: the interior foyer & atrium skylights, the 2nd floor boardroom glass (internal & external), and all office windows throughout the building.
Yes, all windows, interior and exterior, for the perimeter exterior windows from third floor to the basement (including skylights), all interior glass to include the interior foyer & atrium skylights, the 2nd floor boardroom glass (internal & external, and all office windows throughout the building shall be cleaned twice a year.