QUESTION AND ANSWERS REGARDING REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS (“RFP”) Event Planning Services for Housing and Community Development Conference
The District of Columbia Housing Finance Agency (the “Agency” or “DCHFA”) request proposals for the procurement of Event Planning Services to research and execute a Housing and Community Development Conference. The information and instructions set forth below are designed to solicit responses that will demonstrate your company’s capability to satisfy the Agency’s requirements. Each company is requested to submit its most competitive offer.
The deadline for submission of proposals is Tuesday, April 18, 2017 at 4:00 pm ET. Proposals must be received at 815 Florida Avenue, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20001 on or before the deadline.
All questions regarding the RFP should be sent by e-mail to JReid@dchfa.org. Updates and answers to all questions are considered official guidance and will be posted on DCHFA’s website.
All proposal packages should be clearly marked “Event Planning Services for Housing and Community Development Conference” so that it can be segregated from other mail.
The telephone number for the Agency is (202) 777-1600.
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS:
- How many attendees is HFA looking to host?
- Will this conference be free?
The registration rate has not been determined.
- Will this be an annual event?
This event is the first of what is intended to be an annual forum.
- Are you in need of sponsorship?
The need for sponsorship is being evaluated and has not yet been determined.
- Is there a presenting title sponsor?
The need for a presenting title sponsor is being evaluated and has not yet been determined.
- Outside of the services offered on your website what is HFA seeking to achieve through this event?
DCHFA is seeking to further its reputation as an agency that seeks innovative solutions to the issues of developing affordable housing by annually convening thought-leaders in real estate development.
- Is there a budget cap to consider?
The budget for the conference is $30,000 including event planning services and all other needs.
- Has HFA identified a venue or will the company selected be tasked with that assignment?
HFA has tentatively identified a venue; however the selected company should be prepared to research and identify a venue for the event if needed.
- Will HFA need guidance in developing key programming and conference seminars?
HFA has a tentative programming and seminar schedule. The company selected should be prepared to provide input regarding the programming/seminar schedule as needed. The company selected should be prepared to assist HFA staff with the execution of the programming/seminar schedule.
- Will conference presenters, agency staff, and/or conference attendees be provided with catered meals?
At this time HFA plans to provide breakfast for the attendees.
- Is this a one day conference or will this take place over several days?
The current plan is for a half-day conference.
- Does HFA have a target month in which this conference will take place?
The target time frame is for the conference to take place fall 2017 in September or October.
- Does your business have to be based in D.C.? It is not required that a company is located in the District of Columbia to submit a proposal and/or be selected. However, preference is given to D.C. based companies.
- Will this procurement be awarded using the DC Supply Schedule?
DCHFA is an independent Agency and does not have access nor use the DC Supply Schedule.
- What is the size, scale and scope of the conference?
Please see the anwers to question #1 and #7
- How to respond Under section II - Content of Proposal Section Personnel and Staffing in item #3?
List the point of contact at your firm who will be assigned to the Agency's account in addition to any staff deemed necessary once you have reviewed the questions and answers.
- Market Research
Based on my initial review of the RFP and the DCHFA website I believe this is an inaugural event for your organization and therefore the market research would be conducted as the first phase of the project followed by the development of the plans and then execution. Can you confirm this as well as provide a preferred date range for the conference?
This event is the first of what is intended to be an annual conference. The assessment is correct regarding the phases of market research, development and execution. The date range for the conference is September or October, 2017.
- Certificate(s) of Good Standing from the District of Columbia and your home jurisdiction
Is there a preferred vendor or location for obtaining the Good Standing from the District of Columbia document? We have researched this and have found multiple options for obtaining and were hoping to select the best fit for the DCHFA. Certificate(s) of Good Standing from the District of Columbia and your home jurisdiction. Is there a preferred vendor or location for obtaining the Good Standing from the District of Columbia document? We have researched this and have found multiple options for obtaining and were hoping to select the best fit for the DCHFA. Certificates of Good standing are issued by DC’s Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs (DCRA).
- Will there be breakout sessions during the half-day conference? Are we seeking a venue that has one large room for an opening session and several smaller rooms? And if so, how many?
At this time, there are no plans to include breakout sessions during the half-day conference. At this time the desired venue should include a large room for an opening keynote address followed by panels in the same room. The venue should also include a room for a lunch time address that will conclude the conference.
- Who should the proposal be addressed to since Ms. Reid is no long with the agency?
The proposal should be addressed to Ms. Fran Makle at the same address listed in the RFP.