Housing Investment Platform
The Housing Investment Platform (HIP) is a single family investment program designed to create more affordable housing throughout the District of Columbia. DCHFA is partnering with developers to provide affordability in exchange for a lower preferred return hurdle.
The goal of the HIP is to invest in real estate transactions that produce for sale houses, condos, and townhomes for people in the 60-120% median income range.
- Local developers with market knowledge, technical expertise, and demonstrated track record
- Must be certified as a CBE/SBE or agree to contract 50% of the hard costs to certified CBE/SBEs
- Single Family Homes, Townhomes, Condos, and Multifamily Rental Projects
- Pre-Development Investment: up to $250,000
- Acquisition & Construction: up to $1,000,000
- Completed projects must be affordable to households earning between 60-120% of the Median Family Income (MFI)
Want to get involved with the HIP?
Contact us for more more information on how you can get involved with the Housing Investment Platform today.